Thread poster: Lorraine Dubuc
Lorraine Dubuc
Lorraine Dubuc  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:23
English to French
Jan 12, 2016

Hello,

I updated my SDL yesterday and I have a problem with the side by side view. I always take for granted that I, the user, am the problem so maybe this is a simple question of preference or adjustment. But having both texts with each one its cursor does not help me at all achieving my task.

Any help, anyone?

Thank you!

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 07:23
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You probably need to specify clearer what the problem is Jan 12, 2016

If I read your comment, do you say that you have two cursors active simultaneous, one in the source segment and one in target? If that's the case, I've never heard of that behaviour before, so it sounds very strange.

The normal thing is that either source or target is active, but not both at the same time.

Lorraine Dubuc
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
yes that is right and that is strange Jan 12, 2016

Yes you understood well. I have 2 cursors moving individually. I have wasted a whole day over it.

Lorraine Dubuc
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Which ever file I open I get the same thing... Jan 12, 2016

Source and target text each one with a cursor and not moving down along anymore.

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Auto-scroll seems to be turned off Jan 12, 2016

Go to the View tab and search for the "Auto-scroll source document to align with current target translation" button. In my Studio 2014 version it looks like two blue arrows pointing downwards. It should be switched on to work correctly.

[Modifié le 2016-01-12 20:59 GMT]

Lorraine Dubuc
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Done restauration at an earlier date Jan 12, 2016

Now SDL would not even open anymore. Thanks for your precious advice, I will have to wait for SDL to provide their answer. Kindest regards, everyone!

Lorraine Dubuc
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jan 14, 2016

A support technician from SDL solved the problem. Cause unknown, and this is not something I would have been able to solve on my own. I am very thankful to SDL's support desk!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursor or display problem for side by side texts

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »