Cursor thickness
Thread poster: Dan Lucas

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:08
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Jan 13, 2016

Windows 10 allows the user to determine the thickness of the cursor. Studio 2014 appears to ignore this setting, so in Studio I always have a hair-thin cursor. This is often difficult to see amid a forest of Japanese characters. Is there any way I can change this?

Thanks
Dan

Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 08:08
English to Chinese
Another suggestion Jan 13, 2016

Hi Dan,

While you are waiting for the answer to your question, there is another thing you can try to see if it makes the cursor more visible.

http://screencast.com/t/dfJFYqhqfs5

I found changing the active segment background color makes me more focused on the current segment--and it might help with your hair-thin cursor issue, too.

Chunyi

PS. Do you use the Color Theme app? Maybe some color themes display the cursor better--another thing worth trying.

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:08
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Will take a look Jan 13, 2016

Chunyi Chen wrote:
I found changing the active segment background color makes me more focused on the current segment--and it might help with your hair-thin cursor issue, too.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will experiment.

Regards
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursor thickness

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search