Cursor thickness
Thread poster: Dan Lucas

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:46
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Jan 13, 2016

Windows 10 allows the user to determine the thickness of the cursor. Studio 2014 appears to ignore this setting, so in Studio I always have a hair-thin cursor. This is often difficult to see amid a forest of Japanese characters. Is there any way I can change this?

Thanks
Dan

Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 05:46
English to Chinese
Another suggestion Jan 13, 2016

Hi Dan,

While you are waiting for the answer to your question, there is another thing you can try to see if it makes the cursor more visible.

http://screencast.com/t/dfJFYqhqfs5

I found changing the active segment background color makes me more focused on the current segment--and it might help with your hair-thin cursor issue, too.

Chunyi

PS. Do you use the Color Theme app? Maybe some color themes display the cursor better--another thing worth trying.

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:46
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Will take a look Jan 13, 2016

Chunyi Chen wrote:
I found changing the active segment background color makes me more focused on the current segment--and it might help with your hair-thin cursor issue, too.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will experiment.

Regards
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursor thickness

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search