What could the the reason nothing gets imported into my Studio 2014 from the TMX file?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 17, 2016

I received a TMX from my customer for import into my Studio 2014 SP2, and when I first created a new TM and imported the TMX file I received some type of error message. Then my customer sent a new file, and I tried again. This time I got a green checkmark, but 0 imported was displayed.

The language variant should be no issue, I have got this confirmed that it should be American English.

What could be the reason nothing gets imported? Is there any setting I could change, or is it only my customer who can solve this?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:03
French to German
+ ...
Check the language pair and the error messages Jan 17, 2016

Hi Fredrik

You can check the language pair of the TMX file by opening it in an editor and searching for the string "lang=". You will see a "srclang=...." at the beginning. It should match your source language.

Further down, you will find several "tuv xm:lang="xx-xx"", they should correspond to your source and target language.

Also, at the end of the import, check that you don't get any errors and if you do, then click on the button "Show error details" to see what went wrong.

Walter

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two source language in the TM Jan 19, 2016

Thanks Walter, you were right, there was one language that my Studio installation does not support: French. Both American English and French has been set up as source language.

In order to be able to use this TM, would it be possible to just delete all instances of "srclang=fr-FR" and "xml:lang=fr-FR"?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What could the the reason nothing gets imported into my Studio 2014 from the TMX file?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search