Add a SDLXLIFF file to an existing project without "prepare" task
Thread poster: LUISA Fernandez-Sierra

LUISA Fernandez-Sierra  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:04
English to Spanish
Jan 17, 2016

Im testing studio 2014
One of my clients sends me diferent SDLXLIIF files for edit over a period of 1 month. All files belong to the same product/ project, so I would like to add individual SDLXLIIF files to the same (existing ) project

QUESTION

Is it possible to add a SDLXLIIF file to an existing project (already prepared for translation) and be able to open it for revision *without having to go through the Batch task "prepare" file procedure?*. It seems a waste of time and ilogical having to " prepare" a file already in the SDLXLIIF.

If I just add it following standard procedure http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/Projects_View/Managing_Projects/Managing_Project_Files/P_Add_Files_to_an_Existing_Project.htm

but I dont apply step 6 ( prepare) the option "open for review / tranlation" is disabled
is there a simpler/ faster way to achieve this

Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 21:04
Member (2016)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Copy to Target Languages Jan 17, 2016

Use Copy to Target Languages batch task.

Best regards,
Darius

LUISA Fernandez-Sierra  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:04
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
clarification on procedure Jan 21, 2016

Thank you !! It workedicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add a SDLXLIFF file to an existing project without "prepare" task

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search