Add a SDLXLIFF file to an existing project without "prepare" task
Thread poster: LUISA Fernandez-Sierra
LUISA Fernandez-Sierra  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:19
English to Spanish
Jan 17, 2016

Im testing studio 2014
One of my clients sends me diferent SDLXLIIF files for edit over a period of 1 month. All files belong to the same product/ project, so I would like to add individual SDLXLIIF files to the same (existing ) project

QUESTION

Is it possible to add a SDLXLIIF file to an existing project (already prepared for translation) and be able to open it for revision *without having to go through the Batch task "prepare" file procedure?*. It seems a waste of time and ilogical having to " prepare" a file already in the SDLXLIIF.

If I just add it following standard procedure http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/Projects_View/Managing_Projects/Managing_Project_Files/P_Add_Files_to_an_Existing_Project.htm

but I dont apply step 6 ( prepare) the option "open for review / tranlation" is disabled
is there a simpler/ faster way to achieve this

Direct link Reply with quote

Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 16:19
Member (2016)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Copy to Target Languages Jan 17, 2016

Use Copy to Target Languages batch task.

Best regards,
Darius

LUISA Fernandez-Sierra  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:19
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
clarification on procedure Jan 21, 2016

Thank you !! It worked

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add a SDLXLIFF file to an existing project without "prepare" task

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search