Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:16
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2016

I did not believe other users who found a link between this plugin and the perceived Studio slowness, manifested by the spinning wheel as soon as you start typing.

But Studio was so slow that I put it on the backburner for two weeks and completed my jobs in a different CAT tool.

Now I can confirm that the slowness begins after the productivity score is uploaded.

And the difference (improvement) in the Editor responsiveness while typing is noticeable when the plugin is disabled.

So, #Yourproductivity plugin puts brakes on productivity. Ironic, isn't it?

Piotr

Direct link Reply with quote

Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Thanks Piotr Jan 20, 2016

I don't have this Yourproductivity plugin but your post encouraged me to check which plugins I did have running and I disabled the Cloud plugin which I never use.

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried again, result the same Feb 29, 2016

The more often the productivity score is uploaded, the slower the editor in Studio becomes. Counterproductive, isn't it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

#Yourproductivity plugin puts brakes on productivity

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search