Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:02
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2016

I did not believe other users who found a link between this plugin and the perceived Studio slowness, manifested by the spinning wheel as soon as you start typing.

But Studio was so slow that I put it on the backburner for two weeks and completed my jobs in a different CAT tool.

Now I can confirm that the slowness begins after the productivity score is uploaded.

And the difference (improvement) in the Editor responsiveness while typing is noticeable when th
... See more
I did not believe other users who found a link between this plugin and the perceived Studio slowness, manifested by the spinning wheel as soon as you start typing.

But Studio was so slow that I put it on the backburner for two weeks and completed my jobs in a different CAT tool.

Now I can confirm that the slowness begins after the productivity score is uploaded.

And the difference (improvement) in the Editor responsiveness while typing is noticeable when the plugin is disabled.

So, #Yourproductivity plugin puts brakes on productivity. Ironic, isn't it?

Piotr
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Thanks Piotr Jan 20, 2016

I don't have this Yourproductivity plugin but your post encouraged me to check which plugins I did have running and I disabled the Cloud plugin which I never use.

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried again, result the same Feb 29, 2016

The more often the productivity score is uploaded, the slower the editor in Studio becomes. Counterproductive, isn't it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

#Yourproductivity plugin puts brakes on productivity

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »