shortcut control for curly quotation marks
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:28
Italian to English
Jan 20, 2016

This really isn't a support question. I have noticed (using Studio 2014) that the shift+ctrl shortcut for the curled quotation marks is sometimes shift+ctrl 5 and other times shift+ctrl 6. Is there a reason for this change from one file to another? Does it depend on how the package or file was prepared?

Thanks

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:28
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Your source file - Same in Trados 2015 Jan 20, 2016

One of the shortcuts fits Word 2003 and the other Word 2007-2010 source files. I don't remember which wich is which.

I know because every now and then, I have to change the keyboard settings for the two shortcuts. No big deal.

icon_smile.gif
Sandra

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:28
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 20, 2016

you're right. No big deal. I was just wondering why. There Always has to be a reason and now I understand.

תוֹדָה
Thanks again

[Edited at 2016-01-20 17:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

shortcut control for curly quotation marks

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search