shortcut control for curly quotation marks
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:32
Italian to English
Jan 20, 2016

This really isn't a support question. I have noticed (using Studio 2014) that the shift+ctrl shortcut for the curled quotation marks is sometimes shift+ctrl 5 and other times shift+ctrl 6. Is there a reason for this change from one file to another? Does it depend on how the package or file was prepared?

Thanks

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:32
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Your source file - Same in Trados 2015 Jan 20, 2016

One of the shortcuts fits Word 2003 and the other Word 2007-2010 source files. I don't remember which wich is which.

I know because every now and then, I have to change the keyboard settings for the two shortcuts. No big deal.

icon_smile.gif
Sandra

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:32
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 20, 2016

you're right. No big deal. I was just wondering why. There Always has to be a reason and now I understand.

תוֹדָה
Thanks again

[Edited at 2016-01-20 17:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

shortcut control for curly quotation marks

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search