How to display number of files in a merged SDLXLIFF?
Thread poster: Erik Freitag

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:17
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jan 21, 2016

Dear all,

Quick question: In Studio 2015, is there a function to count and show the number of source files contained in a merged SDLXLIFF?

Many thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Erik

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Quick answer: no Jan 21, 2016

Are you talking about files merged on the fly?

If so, when you're in the editor, the navigation pane on the left shows the individual files (collapse it and
then expand it to see just file names, and hide table entries, etc.). If there are just a few files, you could count them by hand. If you've got 30 or 300, then you wouldn't want to.

Also, if you prepared all these files at the same time in the project, you'll see the number of files under "Reports".

If you've merged all the files in the project (and haven't left any out), then you can see the total file count under "projects", "project details".

But the quick answer is No.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 21, 2016

Dear Emma,

Sorry, I should have been more clear: I'm talking about a large number of source files that I've physically merged into a single SDLXLIFF file.

So your second suggestion is just what I was looking for! Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display number of files in a merged SDLXLIFF?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search