How to display number of files in a merged SDLXLIFF?
Thread poster: Erik Freitag

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:44
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jan 21, 2016

Dear all,

Quick question: In Studio 2015, is there a function to count and show the number of source files contained in a merged SDLXLIFF?

Many thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Erik

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Quick answer: no Jan 21, 2016

Are you talking about files merged on the fly?

If so, when you're in the editor, the navigation pane on the left shows the individual files (collapse it and
then expand it to see just file names, and hide table entries, etc.). If there are just a few files, you could count them by hand. If you've got 30 or 300, then you wouldn't want to.

Also, if you prepared all these files at the same time in the project, you'll see the number of files under "Reports".

If you've merged all the files in the project (and haven't left any out), then you can see the total file count under "projects", "project details".

But the quick answer is No.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 21, 2016

Dear Emma,

Sorry, I should have been more clear: I'm talking about a large number of source files that I've physically merged into a single SDLXLIFF file.

So your second suggestion is just what I was looking for! Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display number of files in a merged SDLXLIFF?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search