Thread poster: Erwin_Franz

Erwin_Franz
Latvia
Local time: 22:19
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
Jan 21, 2016

Hello there,

I am working on different translation memories which consist of final translations from different projects. I was wondering, if it is somehow possible to save project number or some information for each file exported into TM. My goal is to make this information visible somewhere when clicking on random TM segments to see which segment comes from which project.

Is it possible?

P.S I am using SDL Trados 2011/2014/2015

Thanks in advance!

Erwin

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Fields Jan 21, 2016

Hi Erwin,
You should define the fields that best identify the source of the TM item. For example, you could define subject areas as a multiple-value field, a customer field and free-text fields for comments or whatever else is relevant for you, such as project name.

The fields are defined for the TM, which means that if you manage several TMs they should all have them (you could create a new TM based on an older one).

When working on a project, though, you have to remember to update the TM fields.

I wish there was an option for an automatic prompt to update the TM fields on each new project, like in Workbench, otherwise some of us sometimes forget to do so.

HTH
Sandra

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
How to do it Jan 22, 2016

Here is how to define fields:

Translation Memory Management - SDL Documentation ... - http://is.gd/sDH8Ky

icon_smile.gif
Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM segment information

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search