I need to create a multilingual project with .xlf as source files. The problem is: when adding the source files, Trados Studio 2015 (and 2014) copies all files into all target languages and won't sort them out (which was not the case with Studio 2011). Let's say, I have the following target languages: ES, CZ, HU, DE, FR. All of them have the other 4 files in the "Files" list, however, when I tried to open them, Studio refused because of the language code being different from that of the project. OK, so why are they there?
Just by curiosity I opened the .xlfs as single document in Studio and saved them as .sdlxliff; then re-created the project with the .sdlxliffs as source, all other settings remained the same. The files were put under the correct language in this case.
The header goes like this:
When creating packages from the project, all languages receive all the other TMs as well. (That is, EN-ES includes EN-FR, EN-CZ, EN-HU, EN-DE.) Is there any way to avoid that?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.
With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.
Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users!
Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value