Unable to translate Unicode character
Thread poster: lhipsher

lhipsher
United States
Jan 22, 2016

Please help!

I've got 4 different SDLXLIFF files that I am trying to Save to Target. 3 are MIFs translated into FR and 1 is an IDML translated into DE. All 4 are returning a similar error message:

Unable to translate Unicode character \uD863 at index ~

I have been working with Trados for a few years and have never seen this message. I was thinking it might have something to do with the regional settings on the machine but this has not changed so I can't imagine where this is coming from.

I have tried pre-translating the source file as this workaround often works with confusing Trados errors, however this has not worked.

Has anyone seen this message and any ways to bypass it?

Thank you!
Luke Hipsher

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to translate Unicode character

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search