Thread poster: Tamas Elek
Tamas Elek
Tamas Elek  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 17:42
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 24, 2016

I normally use memoQ, but I have a project that needs to done in Trados. I have a licence for SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance (plus version: 12.0.4996.3), and for some reason, it just does not let me set up the Shift+Ins and Shif+Del shortcuts.

These shortcuts are for:
Shift+Ins = Paste
Shift+Del = Cut
Ctrl+Ins = Copy

These shortcuts are older than Windows itself, and I am not aware of any other software where they do not work. I am also aware that Wi
... See more
I normally use memoQ, but I have a project that needs to done in Trados. I have a licence for SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance (plus version: 12.0.4996.3), and for some reason, it just does not let me set up the Shift+Ins and Shif+Del shortcuts.

These shortcuts are for:
Shift+Ins = Paste
Shift+Del = Cut
Ctrl+Ins = Copy

These shortcuts are older than Windows itself, and I am not aware of any other software where they do not work. I am also aware that Windows also introduced the new Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V combinations, but still left the old shortcuts intact. I have been using the old combinations for about 20 years, I find them a lot more comfortable as well, since I can use my two hands for the two keys.

For some reason Trados does not let me setup the Shift+Ins and the Shift+Del combinations, but it lets me setup Ctrl+Ins.

Can anyone please help me with these, as it is extremely annoying, and makes my work with Trados very difficult.

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Solution Jan 24, 2016

You're right, you can't customise those shortcuts in Studio using the ones you mention.
Here's how you can do it:
http://tradosstudiomanual.com/?p=305

Tamas Elek
Tamas Elek  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works :) Jan 24, 2016

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

You're right, you can't customise those shortcuts in Studio using the ones you mention.
Here's how you can do it:
http://tradosstudiomanual.com/?p=305

And it works... Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shift+Ins and Shift+Del

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »