Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:59
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Jan 26, 2016

Hello,

Is there an option to wrap the text lines in the Term Recognition window in Studio 2014? I am working with a TermBase that contains definitions. These definitions are often more than just a few words long, and thus do not fit into the Term Recognition window, which result in a partial view of the definition. So in order to see the complete definition I either have to place the mouse pointer over the definition and wait a second or click View Term Details. A text wrap function
... See more
Hello,

Is there an option to wrap the text lines in the Term Recognition window in Studio 2014? I am working with a TermBase that contains definitions. These definitions are often more than just a few words long, and thus do not fit into the Term Recognition window, which result in a partial view of the definition. So in order to see the complete definition I either have to place the mouse pointer over the definition and wait a second or click View Term Details. A text wrap function would be extremely helpful, but I could not find one. Does it exist at all?
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You should see the full text in the Editor Jan 26, 2016

Yiftah

In the target segment, AutoSuggest will show you the full text as soon as you type the first letter, so that you don't really need to see this in the Term recognition window.

Also, you may simply enlarge the Term Recognition window.

I know these are just workarounds, but they may alleviate your "problem".
Walter

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Walter, I think you misunderstood me Jan 27, 2016

Walter Blaser wrote:

In the target segment, AutoSuggest will show you the full text as soon as you type the first letter, so that you don't really need to see this in the Term recognition window.

AutoSuggest shows me the translation of the term, not the definition, and I would like to see the definition.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Oh, the definition field Jan 28, 2016

Yiftah

Sorry, you are right, I did not realize that you were speaking about the definition (it is not displayed by default in this window).

This is a different story and because the definition can be quite long, I guess the best way is to move the Term Recognition window somewhere else, best onto a second monitor, and resize it accordingly or click on the magnifying glass icon to view the entry in the "Term Viewer" window.

You may also make the "Term Viewer
... See more
Yiftah

Sorry, you are right, I did not realize that you were speaking about the definition (it is not displayed by default in this window).

This is a different story and because the definition can be quite long, I guess the best way is to move the Term Recognition window somewhere else, best onto a second monitor, and resize it accordingly or click on the magnifying glass icon to view the entry in the "Term Viewer" window.

You may also make the "Term Viewer" window non retractable, so that it remains on the screen and move it to an appropriate location (e.g. on a second screen).

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text wrap in Term Recognition window Studio 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »