Laura Garcia Mesa  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:28
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 26, 2016

Hi Prozians!
I just got a request to quote and translate a website. I am working with TRADOS 2011
I am creating a Trados Project. Below my doubts.
1- Once I am on the site the client needs me to translate, I have to save the content. Here I get two options: Save as...
a) Complete web
b) HTML web only

which one shall I choose a) or b)?

2- I am working with (HTML only which i don't know if it is correct), TRADOS analysis gives me a total word count of 23000 words.
Does that number include coding strings? all other characters that are not text?

3- Once I open the editor to start the translation: How shall I proceed with the code? just coping source segment into target?

4- And when a segment has code and text?

5- How shall I save the target file?

Please forgive me if my questions are too basic. Any links you can suggest for me to learn more about website translation I will be very grateful.

Warm regards to all of you!
Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website project translation in SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Your current localization setting

English

Select a language

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search