Thread poster: bendksu

bendksu  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:54
Member (2011)
Danish to English
+ ...
Jan 27, 2016

How do I change the settings so that if the first letter of a word is capitalized in the source text, that this is capitalized in the target text?

For example, if the word "Supplier" is always with a capital S in the source text, my target text always appears as "supplier", which means I must manually replace the s with an S.

Can this be changed in the settings? I have a very large job and much, much time is wasted on aligning the capitalization of correctly translated/populated words.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 16:54
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Adding to Terminology? Jan 27, 2016

I have not tried this, but I would try to add it to the terminology database.

Elif Baykara  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 18:54
Member (2015)
German to Turkish
+ ...
A workaround may be Jan 27, 2016

to complete the translation and then change the initial letter by find&replace all.

At least, this is what I am able to do up to now.
I am following this topic though

bendksu  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:54
Member (2011)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
capitalization Jan 27, 2016

Thanks, but the file is more than 20.000 words, so the find and replace option is not viable, as sometimes the word is capitalized and sometimes it is not. So that would require analyzing each and every instance, which is just as time-consuming as changing the letter manually.

It would be better if Trados could take the capitalization that is in the source text.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

capitalization

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search