https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/297559-how_can_i_filter_to_only_view_100_matches_and_not_cm_matches.html

How can I filter to ONLY view 100% matches and NOT CM matches
Thread poster: Frank Jensen
Frank Jensen
Frank Jensen  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:51
English to Danish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2016

I have to review 100% matches - and ONLY 100% matches - in a project.

When choosing 100 % Matches in the Review Tab the program shows 100% matches AND CM matches (duh!)

Any idea on how to filter to ONLY view 100% matches?

Thanks

Frank

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Sounds logical Jan 27, 2016

Frank

This behaviour sounds logical to me, given the fact that a CM is also a 100% match.
Why is this a problem?

Walter

Frank Jensen
Spain
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not logical... Jan 27, 2016

Well, if you actually read my post - I am ONLY asked to review 100% matches, which are treated differently than Content Matches in Studio. NOT the same....

One could also ask why Studio has an option for filtering out CMs - and this will not include 100% matches - but not for only 100%...

F

kager19
kager19  Identity Verified
France
Member (2014)
English to French
open the project without the TM, add the TM only after Jan 27, 2016

I understand his concern. There may be some perfect matches coming from his own TM and not from the project.
I suggest to open the project without choosing any TM to work with it, see what the percentage of perfect matches is and then reopen the project this time with assigning it your TM.

It may work this way, or so I guess.

Edit : sorry I was typing and did not see your answer before posting this. However, it may work like this.
Open the project but dis
... See more
I understand his concern. There may be some perfect matches coming from his own TM and not from the project.
I suggest to open the project without choosing any TM to work with it, see what the percentage of perfect matches is and then reopen the project this time with assigning it your TM.

It may work this way, or so I guess.

Edit : sorry I was typing and did not see your answer before posting this. However, it may work like this.
Open the project but discard the TM when opening it.

[Edited at 2016-01-27 15:30 GMT]
Collapse

Darius Sciuka
Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 05:51
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Not very logical Jan 27, 2016

It does not sound very logical: there is a separate "Context matches and PerfectMatch" option that only shows CM and PM segments, so one would expect "100% matches" to show only 100% matches.

Here is what you can do: set the filter to display only CM and PM segments, lock them all and then display only Unlocked segments.

Darius

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
What is the purpose of the exercise? Jan 28, 2016

Frank Jensen wrote:

Well, if you actually read my post - I am ONLY asked to review 100% matches, which are treated differently than Content Matches in Studio. NOT the same....

One could also ask why Studio has an option for filtering out CMs - and this will not include 100% matches - but not for only 100%...

F

Hi Frank

When you say "NOT the same", you are right in terms of distinguishing between "100% match" and "Context Match" (not Content Match). However the only difference between them is that a CM is a 100% match, that is preceded by a sentence that is also a 100% match. So for your review exercise, I don't see why you would review only the 100% matches that are not preceded by another one. Anyway, what is the exact purpose of reviewing only 100% matches? Is is to ascertain the TM content is correct or what? Normally, one would do exactly the opposite: review non 100% matches, assuming that 100% matches are OK because they match the TM, which is the reference.

Walter

Frank Jensen
Spain
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exclusively need 100% matches and NOTHING ELSE Jan 28, 2016

Well, that would all be fine, but I only need to view 100% matches and not any fuzzies - imagine a project with 100.000 words... and my task is ONLY to review specifically 100% matches and nothing else...

Frank

Darius Sciuka wrote:

It does not sound very logical: there is a separate "Context matches and PerfectMatch" option that only shows CM and PM segments, so one would expect "100% matches" to show only 100% matches.

Here is what you can do: set the filter to display only CM and PM segments, lock them all and then display only Unlocked segments.

Darius

Frank Jensen
Spain
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
off the point.... Jan 28, 2016

Walter - you are off the point.

For reasons only my client knows I am only to touch 100% matches and absolutely nothing else.

Hence, do you know a way to filter these out or not?

F

Walter Blaser wrote:

Frank Jensen wrote:

F

Hi Frank

When you say "NOT the same", you are right in terms of distinguishing between "100% match" and "Context Match" (not Content Match). However the only difference between them is that a CM is a 100% match, that is preceded by a sentence that is also a 100% match. So for your review exercise, I don't see why you would review only the 100% matches that are not preceded by another one. Anyway, what is the exact purpose of reviewing only 100% matches? Is is to ascertain the TM content is correct or what? Normally, one would do exactly the opposite: review non 100% matches, assuming that 100% matches are OK because they match the TM, which is the reference.

Walter

Robin Joensuu
Robin Joensuu  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Lock CM segments and filter unlocked. Jul 3, 2017

You filter on "Context Matches and PerfectMatch", highlight all segments, and press Ctrl+L (lock segments). Then you filter on Unlocked. Viola!

Mariana Guiadanes
Mariana Guiadanes  Identity Verified
Spanish to Galician
+ ...
Locking 70K takes minutes Jan 15, 2018

I am also deeply disappointed with the fact that the 100% matches filter does not work. If it is included, why does it not work? It is an error that SDL should correct. I do the trick of locking CM matches, but it is really slow when the file is very big. And we should not need to do any workarounds if the programme worked well and did what it offers.

[Editado ás 2018-01-15 11:45 GMT]

Janko Mesić
Alena Tomesova
Marina Denogent

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I filter to ONLY view 100% matches and NOT CM matches

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »