Thread poster: Maxim Polukhin

Maxim Polukhin  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 27, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I work with SDL Trados Sudio 2014/2015 and very often I need to use non-breaking space in Find and Replace window.

In order to get non-breaking space I press Сtrl+Shift+space then I cut it and past in Find and Replace window.

This method does not work when I need to write a macro. In order to write a macro I need to TYPE a non-breaking space in Find and Replace window.

If you know how to TYPE a non-breaking space in Find and Replace window please let me know.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:57
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Regex Jan 27, 2016

This works in F&R if you search with regex:
\u00A0

Maxim Polukhin  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem with "Replace with:" field. Jan 28, 2016

Dear Emma, your answer works for "Find what:" field but it doesn't work for "Replace with:" field.

NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 17:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try typing… Jan 28, 2016

Try typing ALT+0160

... Jesús Prieto ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TYPING of non-breaking space in Find and Replace window

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search