Trados 2014 getting really slow and changes font sizes by itself
Thread poster: Natascha Daiminger

Natascha Daiminger  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:04
English to German
+ ...
Feb 3, 2016

Hi,

I use Trados 2014 and it has become incredibly slow within the last few months. The translation is displayed with long delays and it starts changing the font sized out of the blue by itself.
I was thinking to uninstall it and re-install it again afterwards but don't dare to do so as Trados has just deleted my second license in my account for some unknown reason.
Does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

Natascha

Direct link Reply with quote

Inga Jokubauske  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:04
Member (2011)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Deactivate licence Feb 4, 2016

Hi Natascha,

If you are worried about reinstalling Trados, deactivate your licence in your account first. You should then have no problem reactivating it again.

As for the fonts, it often happens to me with PowerPoint documents. Have you tried pressing "Ctrl comma"? This allows you to chose the font that is used in the target document. You can do it for the whole target segment or chose parts of it.

I hope this helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 getting really slow and changes font sizes by itself

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search