Second Trados license deleted by Trados
Thread poster: Natascha Daiminger

Natascha Daiminger  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:02
English to German
+ ...
Feb 3, 2016

Hello,

I bought the Trados 2014 package with 2 licenses, used one on my computer and one temporarily on my laptop. After uninstalling it from my laptop and properly putting the license back into my Trados account it was simply "deleted" by Trados and I now only have one license even though I've paid for two. Did anyone had that issue as well and know what to do about it?

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!

Natascha

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:02
French to German
+ ...
Probably not deleted by SDL Feb 4, 2016

Natascha

I don't think that SDL is deleting licenses in customer accounts for no reason. It is more probable that something did not work well when you returned your license.

Please note that for Studio 2014 there is a "self-service" forced deactivation feature in your customer account, which means that you can reset your license yourself. Simply follow the explanations in the available video.

If all this does not work, then you should contact the licensing team through the solution finder. Just go to the knowledgebase and then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ). Now follow this route as it seems to fit your problem until you get to the form where you can enter your contact details.

Walter

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:02
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Second Trados license deleted by Trados Feb 4, 2016

Hi Natascha,

I have checked your SDL account and can confirm your license to be Studio 2014 FL PLUS (=1 licence with 2 activations).
ONE activation is showing to be in use- the second activation is still available for use.
According to our records the activation was used on the 22.09.2014.

Therefore I am presuming your PC still works- to reactivate the laptop- simply log in to your SDL account/Licenses- Copy the code that ends in 6977 then when prompted to after starting Studio (second activation) simply paste and the second activation will be working.

SDL do not remove licenses or activations. If a computer crashes or is otherwise unavailable then the license can be reset (free of charge of course).

If anyone has licensing issues- the best course of action is to contact us direct via Live Chat (simply paste into the address field)
sdl.com/livechat

Kr

SDL_Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Second Trados license deleted by Trados

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search