Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started
Thread poster: Will Kelly
Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
Feb 8, 2016

Hi all,

I was working in Trados Studio 2011 earlier today (on Windows 8.1), and when I closed it and copied files to an external hard drive I was getting messages saying 'not enough memory, try again?', and I would select 'try again' and eventually all files copied successfully. I subsequently got a crash (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) and when the PC restarted and I tried to open Trados Studio 2011 I got the message:

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started.

MS Outlook won't start either. I've done a bit of research and all of the suggested fixes centre on deleting a file that isn't there in the Roaming SDL folder, and in any case those fixes are geared towards Windows XP/Vista/7.

Anyone had this problem? I've been working on a huge project for a couple of weeks and the deadline is 11 a.m. tomorrow morning. Only 2-3 hours work to go, but obviously can't make any progress until I can get into Trados.

Direct link Reply with quote

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:38
Article in SDL Knowledge Base Feb 9, 2016

Hi Will,

We have an article about this error message in our KB, however it refers to the Studio 2009 but solution offered could be applied for the Studio 2011 as well:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:2818

Hope it helps.

Also please note, both Studio 2009 and 2011 are officially retired for support by SDL since last year.

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

[Edited at 2016-02-09 10:14 GMT]

Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your response, but... Feb 9, 2016

Unfortunately that doesn't help. That was what I was referring to when I said:

'I've done a bit of research and all of the suggested fixes centre on deleting a file that isn't there in the Roaming SDL folder, and in any case those fixes are geared towards Windows XP/Vista/7.'

It's not a solution that works for Studio 2011.

But thank you for your response! Much appreciated!

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:38
Referral to Community Forum Feb 9, 2016

Hi Will,

I am sorry it did not work. As I previously explained this version is no longer officially supported.

However, I would advise to post this question in our Community Forum ( https://community.sdl.com/ )
which staffed with SDL professionals they are most likely to find an appropriate solution for your situation.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

[Edited at 2016-02-09 10:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-02-09 10:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search