Changing file location after starting the project
Thread poster: Gareth Wilson (X)
Gareth Wilson (X)
Gareth Wilson (X)

Spanish to English
Feb 9, 2016

Hello everyone,

I need to know if there's a way of saving a project package to a new location after starting work on it. I had the original file saved in my OneDrive folder, but due to a synchronisation error this file has been deleted. I have Trados open so right now I have not lost any work. I have tried to save the package but I get an error message (could not find a part of the path). From what I can see there is no way to "save as". Does anybody know what I can do to overcome t
... See more
Hello everyone,

I need to know if there's a way of saving a project package to a new location after starting work on it. I had the original file saved in my OneDrive folder, but due to a synchronisation error this file has been deleted. I have Trados open so right now I have not lost any work. I have tried to save the package but I get an error message (could not find a part of the path). From what I can see there is no way to "save as". Does anybody know what I can do to overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Gareth
Collapse

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:16
Member (2014)
English to German
Save as Feb 9, 2016

You do not have to save the project.
By saving the .sdlxliff file with "file" > "save as" you can store the file somewhere else and simultaneously there is created a .sdlproj file at the same location.

Gareth Wilson (X)
Gareth Wilson (X)

Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
No option to "save as" Feb 9, 2016

Hi Silke,

There is no option to "save as". It would only let me click save (to save to the original location), but that didn't work because the path didn't exist. I've since found the sdlxliff and I'm working on that, but I have now lost the option to return the job as a studio package.

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:16
Member (2014)
English to German
Tab "file" Feb 9, 2016

Hi Gareth,

there should be a tab "file" (small, blue) next to the tab "start" on the left side of the top; there is an option "save as". And after having saved the .sdlxliff file somewhere (e.g. desktop) there should appear also a project file, where all settings (TMs, termbases etc.) are stored.
After opening this project file (maybe using another name for the file to distinguish it from the original project) there should be the option to create at least a package (to choose
... See more
Hi Gareth,

there should be a tab "file" (small, blue) next to the tab "start" on the left side of the top; there is an option "save as". And after having saved the .sdlxliff file somewhere (e.g. desktop) there should appear also a project file, where all settings (TMs, termbases etc.) are stored.
After opening this project file (maybe using another name for the file to distinguish it from the original project) there should be the option to create at least a package (to choose after right click) – either from the project or the files view.

If that should not work: sending back the .sdlxliff file and the updated TM should serve the same purpose as a package, maybe with a short explanation about technical problems.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing file location after starting the project

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »