Thread poster: Tomas Pospisil

Tomas Pospisil
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:56
Member (Apr 2017)
English to Czech
Feb 11, 2016

Hello,

I need to change some words (for example this: __price__) into a tag in Trados Studio so as to be non translatable. Do someone know how to do it?
I know it is possible, but I dont know where can I do it.

I know its possible to create a termbase with this word, but the way to change the word in tag is better as you can check it easily that its there as a tag.

Example: "Book this flight for __price__"
"__price__" needs to be changed into tag so as translator just copy it into the target without editing.

Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:56
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Variables Feb 11, 2016

How about defining them as variables?
Go to your project settings (if you're already working on a file), go to translation memory, highlight it and click "settings". Select "language resources", "Variable list" and add the terms.

Now these non-translatables will be highlighted in the source segments with blue brackets underneath. Transfer them to the target side by selecting them with the shortcut Ctrl+comma.

Maybe this would work?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

change some word to become a tag in string

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search