Som Kethyasey  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 13:54
Member (2014)
English to Khmer (Central)
+ ...
Feb 13, 2016

Hi all,

I have used sdl trados studio for years but I am clear about context match and perfect match.
And what are differences between them?
Thank you in advance .

San Sinuon
San Sinuon  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Member (2012)
+ ...
Answer Feb 13, 2016

Hi,

As a SDL Trados user with license for several years, I want to share with you some information. If I am not confused you wanted to say you are NOT clear ? This was discussed before. Please check answer through the link below :

http://pol.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/215911-context_match_vs_perfectmatch.html
... See more
Hi,

As a SDL Trados user with license for several years, I want to share with you some information. If I am not confused you wanted to say you are NOT clear ? This was discussed before. Please check answer through the link below :

http://pol.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/215911-context_match_vs_perfectmatch.html

Hope this helps.
Collapse

Som Kethyasey
Som Kethyasey  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Member (2014)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Contex match vs. perfect match. Feb 13, 2016

Hi Sinuon,

You are absolutely right. I am not clear about this.

Thank you so much for your valuable share.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:54
French to German
+ ...
These are two completely different things Feb 14, 2016

Hi

A context match (CM) applies to a segment that is a 100% match and which is preceded by another 100% match segment, hence the word "context". It basically means that you have at least two 100% segments that follow each other in a document.

A Perfect Match (PM) is a segment that has been identified by the Perfect Match function (which you need to run as a batch task) to be absolutely identical with the corresponding segment in the previous version of the document (whi
... See more
Hi

A context match (CM) applies to a segment that is a 100% match and which is preceded by another 100% match segment, hence the word "context". It basically means that you have at least two 100% segments that follow each other in a document.

A Perfect Match (PM) is a segment that has been identified by the Perfect Match function (which you need to run as a batch task) to be absolutely identical with the corresponding segment in the previous version of the document (which you indicated when running the batch Task "Perfect Match"). It is a comparison between two versions of a document and not between your current document and the TM. Perfect Match does not do any lookups in the TM!

Walter
Collapse

Muhammad Helmy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Context match vs perfect match

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »