Studio 2015 glitch?: Corrupt file: Tag with ID.....defined more than once'
Thread poster: lhipsher
lhipsher
United States
Feb 19, 2016

Hello,

I should start off by saying that I was able to bypass this error by prepping the file in Trados 2011, so this is not urgent. Still, I wanted to note this for future record and in case someone knows of another solution.

I exported a unique segments SDLXLIFF file from 2 DOCX files. The project ran without error and the unique segs file was exported fine. However, when I tried to open this file in the Editor, I am prompted with this error. I tried MANY different possible fixes for this: downsaving to DOC (strange as it seems), Open and Repair, splitting the DOCX file by individual pages, even changing each of the tag ID #'s in Notepad++ that matched the message, all to no avail.

The only thing that worked in the end was prepping Trados 2011. This is something that I will need to do occasionally, so I really hope this is a one-off, but being that this is a recent upgrade to 2015, it doesn't seem likely.

Has anyone else seen this error? Looking forward to hearing of any other solutions.

Thank you
Luke Hipsher

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 glitch?: Corrupt file: Tag with ID.....defined more than once'

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search