Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:12
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
I am not sure... Sep 8, 2016

CCSJ wrote:

Dear all,

a colleague of mine just informed me that he encountered an error message we have never seen before, i.e. "no reference to the project is known", when opening a document in Studio.
When closing the message, Studio seems to be working perfectly well (pre-translate etc.)
I could not find any information concerning this error prompt on the internet.

Does anyone know what triggers it and how to prevent it?

Thank you!

.... we are talking about the same error message, but if I remember right, it happened to me after changing the name of the map with the target text, so Map 10 in Map 11. SDL can't find the reference text.

If I remember wrong, sorry.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:12
English to Arabic
Trados Error Sep 8, 2016

Hi Mariana,

Could you confirm please whether you have Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 please.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system
If you are running W8 I would really suggest upgrading ASAP to 8.1- Studio and W8 really are not compatible or ideal.
Unfortunately Windows and or Virus updates can b
... See more
Hi Mariana,

Could you confirm please whether you have Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 please.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system
If you are running W8 I would really suggest upgrading ASAP to 8.1- Studio and W8 really are not compatible or ideal.
Unfortunately Windows and or Virus updates can be a nightmare and it takes us a while to realise the culprit of unexpected errors.

Please tell me what your Antivirus program is please as there some providers out there (Eset Nod/Avast/ Avira to name a few) that each time they update the AV definitions, they quarantine files (false negative) which cause sudden unexplained errors.
Therefore I would suggest (as you have already run the repair option) to first deactivate Studio 2015 (not officially needed but I always recommend this action anyway) completely de-install Studio 2015- close down all other programs- locate and deactivate temporarily your Anti Virus program.
First RUN Windows UPDATES (absolutely essential)
Then reboot (ensure the AV is still disabled) and reinstall the Studio 2015 software via your SDL account only.
Reactivate Studio and run the file once again.
If this then runs smoothly then you will know it was the Windows updates and or the Antivirus.

Please let me know how you get on and we will take if from there.

Kr

SDL_Steve
Collapse

LINDA BERTOLINO
LINDA BERTOLINO  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:12
Member (2007)
German to Italian
+ ...
I'm running Windows 10 Feb 20, 2017

and I encounter the same problem as well as a server connection error too. My trados version is STUDIO 2015.
This message always appears when opening the packages received from a customer of mine. It does not happen with other customers. I can't do the spellcheck, the revise function does not work, and the tm does not open, even if it's loaded.
I know that "It is assumed that the most recent versions are installed that including latest service packs and cumulative updates installed".
... See more
and I encounter the same problem as well as a server connection error too. My trados version is STUDIO 2015.
This message always appears when opening the packages received from a customer of mine. It does not happen with other customers. I can't do the spellcheck, the revise function does not work, and the tm does not open, even if it's loaded.
I know that "It is assumed that the most recent versions are installed that including latest service packs and cumulative updates installed".
Could the reason be that the are not using an updated/compatible version of GroupShare while creating the packages?
I think they created the package using an old version of GroupShare?
I tried to explain this to customer but the only solution they gave me is sending me all the TMs and termbases files separately, in order that I can load them manually. You know I can't work like this, it's a lost of time!
Have you got any solution??
Thank you
Linda
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error "no reference to the project is known"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »