Thread poster: Giovanni Danielli

Giovanni Danielli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:46
Member (2013)
English to Italian
Feb 23, 2016

Hoello
I've a .docx file and the customer asked me to translate only non highlighted text.
Does anybody know how to filter-out highlighted segments.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Have a look here, please: Feb 23, 2016

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/298565-how_to_block_segments_in_word_from_being_counted_in_2015_analyses.html

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Local time: 01:46
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TransTools Feb 23, 2016

Hi Giovanni,

I use TransTools:

"Translator Tools© (aka TransTools) is a collection of tools for Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, Autodesk AutoCAD and other programs. These tools will help you at every step of the translation process – during preparation of documents for translation, in the course of translation, and during QA and post-formatting."
http://www.translatortools.net/.

See here how to hide/unhide text: http://www.translatortools.net/word-hideunhide.html

It's a great tool and I hope it helps

Catarina

Teresa Freixinho  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:46
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
How to hide texts in Word documents Feb 24, 2016

Giovanni, in addition to TransTools, which I have already downloaded and wish to use soon, there is a manual way of hiding texts. In Word 2007 you can hide texts as follows: Select the portion of text you wish to hide. Then, click on the little arrow on the bottom right corner of the first menu, where you see "font". Then check the last box. Voilá! Your selected text will be hidden. You can use it with Studio. Studio will jump these hidden portions. When finishing and producing the "clean" document, you can reverse the process to show the hidden text. There are shortcuts to do this, but I don't remember now.

You can see this method by watching this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1pKoAb2XoA

Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Batch processing in TransTools possible? Feb 24, 2016

Catarina Lopes wrote:
I use TransTools

Dear Catarina, thank you for sharing this idea. Before I will have time to try your solution, could you please tell me, whether TransToll is capable of batch processing the requested task as well? Thanks!

Italy
Member (2013)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Translate only non highlighted text Feb 24, 2016

Thank you all!

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
No batch processing (at least not for hiding/unhiding) Feb 24, 2016

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Catarina Lopes wrote:
I use TransTools

Dear Catarina, thank you for sharing this idea. Before I will have time to try your solution, could you please tell me, whether TransToll is capable of batch processing the requested task as well? Thanks!

Moin Matthias,

Unfortunately, TransTools offers no batch processing, at least not for hiding/unhiding highlighted text. Still, it is a very useful piece of software, highly recommended.

Kind regards,
Erik

Georgie Scott  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Again in word Feb 24, 2016

You can also hide all non-highlighted text via Ctrl+H, Find-More-Format-Highlighted, then Replace-More-Format-Font-Hide.

Then open file in Studio, translate, export and Ctrl+A, right-click, Show.

Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 24, 2016

Erik Freitag wrote:
Unfortunately, TransTools offers no batch processing, at least not for hiding/unhiding highlighted text. Still, it is a very useful piece of software, highly recommended.

Moet ik weer alles zelfs doen, jammer!

Italy
Member (2013)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Ctrl+H/Ctrl+A Feb 24, 2016

Hi Georgie thanks, what is the program you're referring to about CTRL+H/+A

Georgie Scott wrote:

You can also hide all non-highlighted text via Ctrl+H, Find-More-Format-Highlighted, then Replace-More-Format-Font-Hide.

Then open file in Studio, translate, export and Ctrl+A, right-click, Show.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translate only non highlighted text

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search