ARKADIUSZ KACZOROWSKI  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:58
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2016

Hi,
I am a freelancer and I work on a large project with another colleague. We both have a basic version of SDL 2014. Is it possible to set up a remote TM on my own private domain, so that we can both use it in online mode?
If yes, is there any tutorial how to do that?
Thanks a lot!
Arkadiusz

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:58
English
Server or just shared TMs? Feb 23, 2016

Hi,

If you want to just share TMs you could stick them on any shared server and use them. This works fine for a small number of users. You could even use dropbox if you wanted:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2014/12/08/with-a-little-help/

If you want proper controls over the file to prevent locking, and maybe share with more users then you either need GroupShare or some other Server TM provider... either you develop it yourself (if you know how to code) or maybe use one developed by others. Like this for example:

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/memsourcepluginforstudio-529.html

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I setup server based TM for SDL without purchasing groupshare function

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search