Thread poster: Nicholasl
Nicholasl
Nicholasl  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:58
Japanese to English
Feb 23, 2016

Hi.
I've encountered another problem with SDL Trados Studio 2015 (Freelancer): I managed to load a client's package OK, but had trouble accessing the project files for translation (nothing would open, even though Trados was telling me the project was loaded). When I was finally able to open individual files in a brief moment of illusory relief, I got the error message: 'Dependency file not found' (followed by what looks like the original pathname used by the translator who started work o
... See more
Hi.
I've encountered another problem with SDL Trados Studio 2015 (Freelancer): I managed to load a client's package OK, but had trouble accessing the project files for translation (nothing would open, even though Trados was telling me the project was loaded). When I was finally able to open individual files in a brief moment of illusory relief, I got the error message: 'Dependency file not found' (followed by what looks like the original pathname used by the translator who started work on the files). I was able to to click 'No' on the 'Browse' option, and the file came up, anyway, so I did a bit of work on it. Now that I have closed down Trados, however, and fired it up again, the project files have disappeared once more. Guillaume, anyone, do you have any idea what's happening?
Collapse

Jan Kolbaba
Jan Kolbaba  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:58
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
I had similar problems Feb 24, 2016

I think it's an option that your client selects when creating the package.
In my case Trados showed an error message "Dependency file not found" and specified the name it was "looking for". It was a powerpoint file (lets say "cover.PPTX"). The solution was that I created a new file in Powerpoint (typed only "a" letter in it), named it exactly as Trados required - "cover.pptx" - and saved it. Finaly I clicked "Browse" (when opening in Trados) and set the path to this newly created file. The
... See more
I think it's an option that your client selects when creating the package.
In my case Trados showed an error message "Dependency file not found" and specified the name it was "looking for". It was a powerpoint file (lets say "cover.PPTX"). The solution was that I created a new file in Powerpoint (typed only "a" letter in it), named it exactly as Trados required - "cover.pptx" - and saved it. Finaly I clicked "Browse" (when opening in Trados) and set the path to this newly created file. Then everything worked smoothly. You may also ask your client for re-creating the package OR sending you those "dependency" original files.
Hope this helps
JAn

[Edited at 2016-02-24 08:42 GMT]
Collapse

Nicholasl
Nicholasl  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:58
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Error message when opening project files Feb 24, 2016

Thanks, Jan, that does help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when opening project files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »