Thread poster: Nicholasl

Nicholasl  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:57
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Feb 23, 2016

Hi.
I've encountered another problem with SDL Trados Studio 2015 (Freelancer): I managed to load a client's package OK, but had trouble accessing the project files for translation (nothing would open, even though Trados was telling me the project was loaded). When I was finally able to open individual files in a brief moment of illusory relief, I got the error message: 'Dependency file not found' (followed by what looks like the original pathname used by the translator who started work on the files). I was able to to click 'No' on the 'Browse' option, and the file came up, anyway, so I did a bit of work on it. Now that I have closed down Trados, however, and fired it up again, the project files have disappeared once more. Guillaume, anyone, do you have any idea what's happening?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Kolbaba  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:57
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
I had similar problems Feb 24, 2016

I think it's an option that your client selects when creating the package.
In my case Trados showed an error message "Dependency file not found" and specified the name it was "looking for". It was a powerpoint file (lets say "cover.PPTX"). The solution was that I created a new file in Powerpoint (typed only "a" letter in it), named it exactly as Trados required - "cover.pptx" - and saved it. Finaly I clicked "Browse" (when opening in Trados) and set the path to this newly created file. Then everything worked smoothly. You may also ask your client for re-creating the package OR sending you those "dependency" original files.
Hope this helps
JAn

[Edited at 2016-02-24 08:42 GMT]

Nicholasl  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:57
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Error message when opening project files Feb 24, 2016

Thanks, Jan, that does help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when opening project files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search