SDL Trados 2011 sdlxliff and TTX files
Thread poster: Taiwan Bee

Taiwan Bee
English to Chinese
Feb 24, 2016

Hello Everyone,

Currently I use both SDL Trados 2011 and SDL Edit 2007, but honestly I really like the simplicity of SDL 2007 (I guess the translation projects I get are relatively simple).

I didn't realize until recently that there were applications to convert sdlxliff files into TTX files, like Sdlxliff to Legacy Converter. This is great news to me, since I can work on TTX files with SDL 2007. But after trying a few times, I have some questions:

1. It seems some functions that work with ITD files don't work with TTX files. For example, I "confirmed" and "locked" segments and saved the file. When I open the file again, I only see the translated text. Is this normal?

2. If customer gives me a sdlxliff file and I convert it into TTX, does the TTX file keep the format set-up like font size/color etc? I can see that TTX file does keep the tags. (When I finish the project, I have to give customer the sdlxliff file, so I have to convert the TTX file back to sdlxliff file.)

Sorry, my computer and software knowledge is very limited. So I am hoping that someone can help me with these questions....

Taiwan Bee

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 sdlxliff and TTX files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search