SDL Trados 2011 sdlxliff and TTX files
Thread poster: Taiwan Bee
Taiwan Bee
Taiwan
English to Chinese
Feb 24, 2016

Hello Everyone,

Currently I use both SDL Trados 2011 and SDL Edit 2007, but honestly I really like the simplicity of SDL 2007 (I guess the translation projects I get are relatively simple).

I didn't realize until recently that there were applications to convert sdlxliff files into TTX files, like Sdlxliff to Legacy Converter. This is great news to me, since I can work on TTX files with SDL 2007. But after trying a few times, I have some questions:

1. It seems some functions that work with ITD files don't work with TTX files. For example, I "confirmed" and "locked" segments and saved the file. When I open the file again, I only see the translated text. Is this normal?

2. If customer gives me a sdlxliff file and I convert it into TTX, does the TTX file keep the format set-up like font size/color etc? I can see that TTX file does keep the tags. (When I finish the project, I have to give customer the sdlxliff file, so I have to convert the TTX file back to sdlxliff file.)

Sorry, my computer and software knowledge is very limited. So I am hoping that someone can help me with these questions....

Taiwan Bee

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 sdlxliff and TTX files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search