Fabian Luttman  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:00
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2016

Hello,

I'm looking for some help regarding one particular TM that started causing me problems.
It was working until a few days ago and now Studio won't let me select it for a project (it remains grayed out).
I can open it with Studio, and look at its contents for many pages, but I guess I didn't get to the portion with the problem since it is quite big and the error is not within the first ten thousand terms...

I have tried something that worked for me before: Exporting the contents of the TM into a .tmx file and then creating a new TM importing that .tmx file.
I can't even export its contents!
It will do several thousand terms and then it stops showing the following error: string was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

It won't fail if I Recompute the Fuzzy Index Statistics, but it fails with the same error if I try to Re-index the TM.

Anybody knows how to fix this problem?
There is a chance that my PC froze in one occasion when I was working with that TM, and that might have caused some corruption...

I am using Trados Studio 2014 11.0.3720.0
The failing TM is 86MB big.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Fabian

Direct link Reply with quote

Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 19:00
Member (2016)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Another tool maybe Feb 25, 2016

Hello Fabian,

Did you try reading your TM and then converting it to TMX with another tool capable of processing Studio TMs, Xbench for example?

BR,
Darius

Canada
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Xbench Feb 25, 2016

Hi Darius,

No, I never used Xbench.
I will try now and see what happens.

Thanks!

Fabian

Canada
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
xbench Feb 25, 2016

Hi Darius,

I just installed Xbench, but I can't find a way to load my TM...

Could you please tell me how to do it?

Thanks,

Fabian

Canada
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not so good... Feb 25, 2016

I found the way to load the TM into xbench, but when I export it, I end up with a valid xtm file but it won't have all the terms in it. It is considerably smaller than what it should be...

Any other ideas??

Thanks,

Fabian

Lithuania
Member (2016)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Is the entire TM imported? Feb 25, 2016

Could it be that only segments preceding the corrupted segment are imported? Try using Studio and Xbench search functionality to find it out. (Select MS Word wildcards as Search mode in Xbench and enter an asterisk into any search field to display all segments in the search window.) If this is the case then the first not imported segment is likely to be the cause of all the trouble.

Canada
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Xbench Feb 25, 2016

Hi Darius,

How do I set MS Word wildcards as Search mode in Xbench?
I can't find that option...
Is there any way Xbench can tell me how many segments the TM has? (something like Properties?).

This is quite frustrating...

Thanks,

Fabian

Lithuania
Member (2016)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Searching in Xbench Feb 25, 2016

On the menu bar click View -> Search. A Search window will open. It has two long Source and Target fields on the top, and there is the Search Mode drop-down list among other options below the Target field. Select "MS Word Wildcards" in this list then enter an asterisk (*) in the Source or Target field and click Search. This way finds all entries in the file/files you have loaded. You will see the count of found and displayed entries on the status bar at the bottom of the window.

BTW, just to be on the safe side: make sure you select "All items in the project" (the topmost option) in the Export Items window when you export your TM.

HTH,
Darius

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

string was not recognized as a valid DateTime

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search