Error code 50003 Trados Workbench
Thread poster: Sylvia Ahlbrandt
Sylvia Ahlbrandt  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:11
English to German
+ ...
Feb 25, 2016

Hi,
I have a job due tomorrow that I need to do in Trados Workbench 2007. The program used to work fine with Studio 2011, but after installing Studio 2015, it runs only in demo mode.
I tried to activate the license online using “License Manager” in Workbench, and get the message “Could not contact activation server (Error code 50003)”.
I looked for solutions online and went through the changes as per article KB 3176 to try and activate Trados Workbench. It did not work, I got the same error message.
I then tried to return the license (to reactivate Workbench) by clicking “return license” on the License page of my SDL account, and received an email with an “offline deactivation ticket”. But there is no option for offline deactivation in Trados Workbench 2007.
I'm at a loss at what to do. If I could somehow convert the .tmw file in Studio, I could at least use the memory. But I can't find a way to do that, either.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Sylvia

PS: Well, I found the function in Studio 2015 that allows me to convert the tmw memory, so I could at least work on my job, but I'd still like to have Workbench 2007 back, considering that I have an active license.

[Edited at 2016-02-25 21:28 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 10:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Possible workaround Feb 25, 2016

If you are going to translate a Word file, process it with SDL Legit! (available on the OpenExchange). This will produce a bilingual file you can open in Studio 2011 and translate.
Once you produce the target file (that will be an unclean Word file similar to the one you would get with Tradios 7, clean it with the app tw4winClean (also available on the OpenExchange).

As you see, you can use Studio 2011 to get identical results as with using Trados 7.
Good luck!

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error code 50003 Trados Workbench Feb 25, 2016

Thank you! In the meantime, I've found a way in Studio 2015 to upgrade memories, so I've been able to translate my file. But am still looking to activate Trados Workbench again...

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Subscribed Feb 26, 2016

One of the reasons I haven't upgraded from Studio 2011, besides the price, is the impression I got from some discussions that I'll lose the ability to use SDL Trados 2007 that came with my Freelance Plus edition (at least when I uninstall the 2011 version). It'd be interesting to get a definitive answer whether or not that impression of mine is correct.

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error code 50003 Problem fixed Feb 26, 2016

I filed a form with Web Solution Finder yesterday, and SDL Support got in contact with me today.
They had me go through article KB 3176 again, and actually, I'd missed a step way at the end, which was re-enabling Flexnet Service. Once I did that, I was able to load Trados 2007 again, it opens all TMs without problem, so Studio 2015 and Trados 2007 are working fine when run simultaneously.
I hope this helps others.
Sylvia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error code 50003 Trados Workbench

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search