Studio 2011: Multiterm results are not displayed
Thread poster: Babelfischli

Babelfischli  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:42
French to German
+ ...
Feb 28, 2016

I have been working with Studio for years, and all of a sudden the termbase search is letting me down... Results are not displayed although I know for sure they are in the glossary / termbase.
I have tried de- and re-connecting the termbases, but to no avail...
For an older version of Studio I found the solution to activate Side-by-Side-Tools (I still have Workbench installed as well), but I can't find this anywhere for Studio 2011...

Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Can you do a manual search? Mar 2, 2016

Is it the automatic "Term Recognition" that does not work?
What about the "Termbase Search" window? What happens when you do a manual search?

What does it say in the Term Recognition window? "No results available" or "No termbase opened"?

Walter

French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
term recognition Mar 2, 2016

I have closed and re-opened everything, detached and re-attached the termbases. For some reason it seems only the standard termbase is being searched. Neither manual search nor recognition yield any results for the second termbase...

French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No results available Mar 3, 2016

Walter Blaser wrote:

Is it the automatic "Term Recognition" that does not work?
What about the "Termbase Search" window? What happens when you do a manual search?

What does it say in the Term Recognition window? "No results available" or "No termbase opened"?

Walter

No results available, although I positively know those terms are in the termbase...

Ana Carla de Almeida
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
same for Studio 2014 + Windows 10 Mar 3, 2016

Hello,
Same problem here.
I am trying to use a termbase that I've used several times, and the message is "No results available". When I search for the term, I get the correct result, but the automatic search is not working.
I've changed my PC a week ago, I'm now using Windows 10 with Studio 2014. I was wondering if I have to manually install some additional application or file?
Many thanks!
Ana

Ana Carla de Almeida
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
problem solved! Mar 3, 2016

I was reading all the solutions at:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4451.html

...and decided to start by:

"After a restart, go to the location where you store your termbase and delete the files with the following extensions:

*.mtf
*.mdf
NOTE: If you cannot see the file type extensions, follow the steps from KB article #3330 Howto: Show hidden files and folders on Windows operating systems "

So, I deleted the *.mtf and *.mdf files of my termbase and immediately the terms were shown in Term Recognition window!

French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
File extensions? Mar 11, 2016

Dear Ana,

Even with the "show hidden files and folders" radio button activated all I can see in my folder are two termbase files with no extension, both are called Trados index file.
It does seem to be working ok if I move the termbase to my SDL/multiterm/termbases folder.

Thanks
Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: Multiterm results are not displayed

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search