Thread poster: Kjetil Holm
Kjetil Holm  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 22:51
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 28, 2016

Hello,

I have been working with a project in Trados Studio 2014. I imported a project package and completed the project, delivering a return package. I have had some trouble, since the project seemed to strangely disappear from the project view a couple of times. As it is now, the project which I worked on, seems to be gone. Of course, I can still import the original package, but I am unable to import the project file. I get the following message: "This project cannot be opened in the Studio edition you are using. Only project packages or single documents can be opened." So how can I retrieve the project I worked on, with the translated files? I have received some proofreading changes and the client now wants an updated return package.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Norway
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 28, 2016

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, have to redeliver in a few hours ...

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happens sometimes Feb 29, 2016

Hi,
Your project is still in your hard disk, don't worry.
In Studio 2014, in the Projects view, click on the icon "Open project", on the left side of the ribbon.
Search for the .sdlproj file of the project you want to deliver. Double click it and your project should return to your list.
Good luck!

Norway
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Feb 29, 2016

Lorenzo Bermejo wrote:

Hi,
Your project is still in your hard disk, don't worry.
In Studio 2014, in the Projects view, click on the icon "Open project", on the left side of the ribbon.
Search for the .sdlproj file of the project you want to deliver. Double click it and your project should return to your list.
Good luck!

Hello, thanks for the answer. Yes, this is what I am trying to do, but I get the abovementioned error message. Also, I am able to import the project, but with untranslated files. I cannot find my translated files. I also did not start a TM, so I am clueless as what to do.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You do find the project file on the disk? Feb 29, 2016

You refer to "the abovementioned error message", but I'm afraid you forgot to include the actual message, so it is a little difficult to help you.

You should have the actual project file (sdlproj), together with some project folders named according to the language combinations. In my case (English - Norwegian) the folders are as follows:
en-GB
nb-NO
Packages
Reports
Tm

The sdlxliff files you are interested in, would be in the nb-NO folder in my case.

If you are importing the package again (sldppx), it would explain your observed behaviour, otherwise it sounds somewhat strange. Anyway, hope the above will be of some help.

Norway
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still the same thing ... Feb 29, 2016

Roy Oestensen wrote:

You refer to "the abovementioned error message", but I'm afraid you forgot to include the actual message, so it is a little difficult to help you.

You should have the actual project file (sdlproj), together with some project folders named according to the language combinations. In my case (English - Norwegian) the folders are as follows:
en-GB
nb-NO
Packages
Reports
Tm

The sdlxliff files you are interested in, would be in the nb-NO folder in my case.

If you are importing the package again (sldppx), it would explain your observed behaviour, otherwise it sounds somewhat strange. Anyway, hope the above will be of some help.

Thanks. I did not forget to include the error message, it is in my first post if you read more closely: "This project cannot be opened in the Studio edition you are using. Only project packages or single documents can be opened." I got the project file back now and still get this message. I am also unable to open the return package I sent. Here I get the following message: "Failed to import return package because it contains a project that does not exist in your setup." It seems to me the problem is that I have moved the project in Windows after starting working and in some way or the other have to delete the original record of the project. I found the following explanation: http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/2954.html
But even if I could reimport the project, wouldn´t that be with untranslated files?

[Edited at 2016-02-29 09:45 GMT]

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Sorry, you should have repeated the error message Feb 29, 2016

... , perhaps even had it in bold, so it was easier to see the actual error message.

If you reimport the package, you would only get the original source files. Are you able to find the translated sdlxliff files on your harddisk?If you are translated into Norwegian, the folder should be named nb-NO.

If you are not able to find these files and you don't have the project exported to a TM, it seems you are in trouble.

Although, as far as I remember it, the packages (i.e. also the return package) is really a zipped file. You might be able to solve it, therefore, if you change the extension of the package to .zip and look for the target sdlxliff files in the package. If you unpack the project, I would expect you to be able to import the actual sdlxliff files.

After you have updated them, you could substitute the new files for the ones that already are in the package and return it (after changing the extension to the proper name).

Norway
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 29, 2016

Roy Oestensen wrote:

... , perhaps even had it in bold, so it was easier to see the actual error message.

If you reimport the package, you would only get the original source files. Are you able to find the translated sdlxliff files on your harddisk?If you are translated into Norwegian, the folder should be named nb-NO.

If you are not able to find these files and you don't have the project exported to a TM, it seems you are in trouble.

Although, as far as I remember it, the packages (i.e. also the return package) is really a zipped file. You might be able to solve it, therefore, if you change the extension of the package to .zip and look for the target sdlxliff files in the package. If you unpack the project, I would expect you to be able to import the actual sdlxliff files.

After you have updated them, you could substitute the new files for the ones that already are in the package and return it (after changing the extension to the proper name).

I will refer to this if I get the same problem again. This time, I ended up copying the translations manually from the proofread Word files I received into Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble loading project file in Trados Studio 2014

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search