Studio 2014s Prepare Batch Task has No Target SDLXLIFF
Thread poster: rodney4299
rodney4299
United States
Feb 29, 2016

I have a colleague that recently installed a Trados Studio 2014 SP 2 - 11.2.4322.0 instance. He's having trouble Preparing basic MS Word 2010 (DOCX) and Text files; and importing packages.

When running the New Project Wizard he kept the defaults, provided a project name, added a source file, and no resources (TM, TB, AS, etc.). On the last step of the wizard he chose the Prepare task and click Finish. He received an error for some of the batch tasks, but the Covert to Translatable Format completed without error. He clicked close and within his files view he switched the language dropdown to the target language and found that there weren't any files. There was however a source sdlxliff file generated.

We then tried another approach by added a file to the source location of the Files view using the right-click add files option. After doing a Custom batch task on this file and only selecting Convert to Translatable Format, we received the same behavior where the source file was converted to an SDLXLiFF, but no target file was created.

I send him a package to see if he could import the package and he received an 'error' message that said 'completed successfully', but nothing was imported and there was no further message detail.

He was however able to use the Translate Single Document feature to get to the Editor's view for translation. We're using this as a temporary workaround.

Has anyone else come across this weird Prepare task and failed import behavior? My colleague and I are both working on the same network, operating system, Trados version, user permissions, etc. and my instance works well. Thanks for any insight.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014s Prepare Batch Task has No Target SDLXLIFF

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search