Problems creating World Server return packages
Thread poster: birgitadler

birgitadler
Germany
Local time: 22:23
English to German
Mar 1, 2016

Good evening everybody,

I recently received a translation package that was originally created in World Server. I had no problems importing it into Studio 2014, then translating the files, checking them and then finishing the project.
Then I created the return package, but the package created by Studio was very small, only 1 KB. As expected, the client couldn't open it. When I try to open it myself, I get the following error message: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
I really don't know what happened, I worked on a World Server package before, and everything went just fine.
Before this problem with creating the return package occurred, I wanted to create a target-language file (the project consisted of several files, and I wanted to deliver one of them before finishing the whole project) and received the following error message: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index”, and then I couldn't close Studio any more. There was also another error message about "corrupt memory", but unfortunately I don't remember the exact wording.

Can anybody be of help? Any hints will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Birgit

[Edited at 2016-03-01 22:40 GMT]

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:23
World Server return packages Mar 2, 2016

Hi Brigit,

Unfortunately I cannot help you with this myself.

I would therefore suggest to post this question in our FREE SDL Community Support Forum:

http://xl8.one which is staffed by SDL and industry professionals.

I am sure the Worldserver Experts on our community forum are going to be able to help.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems creating World Server return packages

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search