Problems creating World Server return packages
Thread poster: birgitadler

birgitadler
Germany
Local time: 14:30
English to German
Mar 1, 2016

Good evening everybody,

I recently received a translation package that was originally created in World Server. I had no problems importing it into Studio 2014, then translating the files, checking them and then finishing the project.
Then I created the return package, but the package created by Studio was very small, only 1 KB. As expected, the client couldn't open it. When I try to open it myself, I get the following error message: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
I really don't know what happened, I worked on a World Server package before, and everything went just fine.
Before this problem with creating the return package occurred, I wanted to create a target-language file (the project consisted of several files, and I wanted to deliver one of them before finishing the whole project) and received the following error message: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index”, and then I couldn't close Studio any more. There was also another error message about "corrupt memory", but unfortunately I don't remember the exact wording.

Can anybody be of help? Any hints will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Birgit

[Edited at 2016-03-01 22:40 GMT]

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:30
Member (2015)
World Server return packages Mar 2, 2016

Hi Brigit,

Unfortunately I cannot help you with this myself.

I would therefore suggest to post this question in our FREE SDL Community Support Forum:

http://xl8.one which is staffed by SDL and industry professionals.

I am sure the Worldserver Experts on our community forum are going to be able to help.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems creating World Server return packages

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Your current localization setting

English

Select a language

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search