SDL Trados Studio 2015 target language problem
Thread poster: Shaun Friel

Shaun Friel  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:37
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2016

Hello all. I recently installed SDL Trados Studio 2015 and the only target languages it offers me are Japanese, German and various flavours of French. My required target language is British English. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.

Best regards

Shaun Friel

Abdelhalim Zeid  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:37
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Source File Mar 2, 2016

Hi Shaun,
If you are having the source file, you can open the file in Studio using "Translate Single Document" or "Open file" in earlier versions. If not, you can try to open any of the SDLXLIFF files you have, then go to save source as, in most cases you will be able to create a source file. Then, do the "Translate Single Document"/"Open" step.

[Edited at 2016-03-02 10:03 GMT]

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:37
French to German
+ ...
Reinstall and select the required languages Mar 4, 2016

Hi Shaun

I guess you are using the Freelance edition of Studio. This is restricted to five languages, which you need to choose at installation time. If you chose the wrong languages, the only way to correct this is to reinstall the application and this time to select the correct languages.
Please note that you should only select one variant of a base language because you can use all variants regardless of the one you have chosen. What I mean is: don't select "English (UK)" and "English (US)" because that would use up two of your 5 languages. Select only one flavour of English because you can then use all other flavours as well.
Same for French obviously: select only one flavour of French, it does not matter which one.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 target language problem

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search