Thread poster: Tecton
Tecton
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:22
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2016

Although there is a lot of information about how to do this available on the SDL site, it doesn't seem to apply to my situation:
In 2015 I purchased the Trados Studio 2015 freelance upgrade through Proz.com.
I subsequently found out that it would not run on Windows XP, so I continued to use Studio 2014.

I have now just purchased a new computer running Windows 7 Professional. I have downloaded 2015 on to the new machine (which does not have have 2014 on it) but it appears that I only have a 30-day trial version. Following the instructions on the screen, takes me to the SDL site, where it appears I have to buy a license for 195 pounds.

I do not need to keep 2014 on the old machine, so could anyone please advise me how I can activate Studio 2015 on the new machine?

Kind regards

Chris Foster

Direct link Reply with quote

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Member (2015)
Incorrect upgrade path chosen Mar 2, 2016

Hi Christopher,

After checking your account I noticed that you have purchased incorrect Studio upgrade back in April 2015.
Instead of the Studio 2014 Freelance PLUS to 2015 Freelance PLUS, you have purchased 2014 Freelance to 2015 Freelance.

The Studio 2015 licence theretofore was not released. I have now changed the upgrade in your account and you should be able to process it as usual in about 10 minutes time.

If you have any questions, please contact our team directly via the LiveChat

chat: bit.ly/SDLChat

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

[Edited at 2016-03-02 16:50 GMT]

Tecton
United Kingdom
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
License activated! Mar 2, 2016

Hi Roman,
Activation went through without any problems!
Thanks very much for your help.

Kind regards

Chris Foster

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licensing Trados Studio 2015 after upgrade fro Studio 2014

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search