Indesign files will no longer open in SDL Trados 2014
Thread poster: Sandinsky

Sandinsky
Norway
Local time: 18:28
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 2, 2016

Last year i was opening Indesign files without problems in SDL Trados 2014. Now it does not work anymore, most likely because of an update done by Adobe to their software. Does anyone know if there is a workaround that does not include updating Trados?

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:28
English to Dutch
+ ...
IDML files Mar 2, 2016

I'm not sure what the current situation is, but as far as I know the files would have to be in the IDML format. I don't think Studio can open regular InDesign files. If you already have IDML files there really is a problem, but if not, better ask your client to export the project to IDML.

Sandinsky
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But IDML does not work either anymore Mar 3, 2016

Sorry for being unclear. I have been using IDML versions of the INDD files earlier, but after Adobe updated Indesign to the latest version, this function is no longer working. You get an error message when you try to import the IDMLs. The files are compatible in every other software eating the IDML format, just not Trados at the moment, it seems. So I was wondering if there was a fix, and whether this actually works in Trados 2015.

Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 21:58
English to Hindi
+ ...
Which version? Mar 3, 2016

Which version of Indesign are you using? I regularly translate Indesign files converted to IDML format on my CS6 Indesign version on Trados Studio 2014 and I have not noticed any problem so far.

Jutta Deichselberger  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to German
+ ...
InDesign CC ?? Mar 4, 2016

Look here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/257330-studio_2014_doesnt_open_indesign_cc_file_idml_format.html

This ist the way you have to proceed:
http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=4871#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4871

In order to open the idml file with Studio 2011 you have to change the product name to "8.0 (370)".
In order to open it with Studio 2011 you have to change it to "9.0(244)"

In my case it worked perfectly:-)

Best regards,

Jutta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Indesign files will no longer open in SDL Trados 2014

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search