jingmlittlej (X)
jingmlittlej (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 2, 2016

I am fairly new to Trados.

Few days ago, I translated a one-page word document 1 and created a translation memory 1 along with it.
A day later, I had to translate a word document 2 with some sentences exactly same as doc 1. I added TM 1 to the project for doc 2 and created a new translation memory 2 added to this project. I checked Update for both TMs.
As I was translating doc 2, I wanted to have both TM 1 and TM 2 containing segments from doc 2.

My ques
... See more
I am fairly new to Trados.

Few days ago, I translated a one-page word document 1 and created a translation memory 1 along with it.
A day later, I had to translate a word document 2 with some sentences exactly same as doc 1. I added TM 1 to the project for doc 2 and created a new translation memory 2 added to this project. I checked Update for both TMs.
As I was translating doc 2, I wanted to have both TM 1 and TM 2 containing segments from doc 2.

My question is:
Since the doc 2 has exactly same sentences as doc 1, few segments were automatically translated when I opened the project for doc 2. But these automatically translated segments weren't included in TM 2.

Is there anyway I can "put" these repeated segments to this new TM?

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:09
Spanish to German
+ ...
Batch Tasks -> Update main translation memories Mar 3, 2016

Under Batch Tasks you select Update main translation memories.

HTH

peter chen
peter chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 16:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
trados 7 edition Mar 3, 2016

Open trados workbench, first select TM 2. Click Tools button, then select Clean up button. In the clean up windows, add Doc 1, and select Update TM button, lastly click Clean up button. At this time, these repeated segments are in TM 2.

jingmlittlej (X)
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 3, 2016

Liselotte K. de Hennig wrote:

Under Batch Tasks you select Update main translation memories.

HTH

Thank you, Liselotte!
It worked.

jingmlittlej (X)
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 3, 2016

victor chen wrote:

Open trados workbench, first select TM 2. Click Tools button, then select Clean up button. In the clean up windows, add Doc 1, and select Update TM button, lastly click Clean up button. At this time, these repeated segments are in TM 2.

Thank you, Victor. I forgot to mention that I use Trados 2015. But thank you for your input. It might help someone else.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two translation memories both have "Update" checked

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »