Would you like to reopen...?
Thread poster: Henning Holthusen

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 01:38
English to German
+ ...
Mar 3, 2016

Is there any way of turning off the bloody prompt which pops up every time I do anything with a Studio document such as analyse or export bilingual reviews?
Is it possible to just set it to "always reopen"?

I must have clicked on that "yes" button a few thousand times since I started using Studio 2009 while clicking the "no" button perhaps two or three times.

It's one of those annoying things where Studio just isn't ergonomically streamlined.

[Edited at 2016-03-03 12:23 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:38
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Agree Mar 3, 2016

Henning Holthusen wrote:
Is there any way of turning off the bloody prompt which pops up every time I do anything with a Studio document such as analyse or export bilingual reviews?
Is it possible to just set it to "always reopen"?

This annoys me also, as the answer in my case is always "yes". If you're going to put up a confirmation dialog for a harmless and undoable action of this kind (it's not as if "yes" is going to break anything...) then at least give us a mechanism for turning it off.

Dan

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:38
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
This should be configurable Mar 3, 2016

I generally click No.
I find this unsolicited opening dialog superfluous. I don't want anything to open or to ask me whether I want it to open.

Sandra

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:38
English to Russian
The same story with adding a document Mar 3, 2016

A similar message appears when you add a source document to an existing project.
After you add and prepare your file(s), Trados asks if you want to switch to target.
Jesus... No, why on earth... I add, prepare, analyze, and pretranslate it just for fun, no need to go further

Would be glad to know how to skip these messagese.

Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 13:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Options > Editor... Mar 3, 2016

In the main options (not the project options) there is a setting in the "Editor" section with 3 radio buttons. I think if you select "Do not automatically...." it should stop these prompts. The section is called "Startup" so not sure if it applies to all cases or just when starting up Studio....but in some way I've managed to disable these (to the best of my knowledge)...so perhaps this is the correct setting

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 01:38
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Options > Editor... Mar 4, 2016

In the main options (not the project options) there is a setting in the "Editor" section with 3 radio buttons. I think if you select "Do not automatically...." it should stop these prompts. The section is called "Startup" so not sure if it applies to all cases or just when starting up Studio....but in some way I've managed to disable these (to the best of my knowledge)...so perhaps this is the correct setting

That's just for starting up Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Would you like to reopen...?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search