https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/299042-open_package_translated_file_progress_stays_at_0_even_if_100_translated.html

Open package translated file progress stays at 0% even if 100% translated.
Thread poster: greta grinfeld
greta grinfeld
greta grinfeld  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:25
English to Spanish
Mar 3, 2016

Just opened package, translated the first file (a word doc), confirmed all segments, saved. Move to second file (Powerpoint) confirmed all segments, saved. Files view: only the Powerpoint shows 100% progress, the Word stays at 0%. I translated all segments, confirmed all segments, saved it all (and shows all translated in File, Preview).

Any ideas why?

Thanks!
Greta

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:25
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
0% translated or 0% proofread? Mar 3, 2016

I have experienced from time to time that Studio changes over from translation to proofreading mode when indicating how much is finished. At first I was both confused and concerned, until I noticed the fact. So if it indicates amount proofreaded, you should be fine.

Anyway, you could always run a new word count. Then it should be corrected, I think.

greta grinfeld
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Status in In Review Mar 3, 2016

Hi Roy. Status says "In Review"... will try a word count. the 0% is the Progress.

[Edited at 2016-03-03 11:45 GMT]

Christian Schaller
Christian Schaller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Bug... Mar 3, 2016

It appears to be a common bug in Trados Studio. I have seen this quite often in the past and wouldn't worry about it too much as long as the translation is there and only the percentage isn't indicated correctly.

Roy Oestensen
Denmark
Member (2010)
+ ...
Yes, that confirmed my suspicion Mar 3, 2016

So I hope a manual word count will be of help for you.

greta grinfeld
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
It worked eventually but don't know why.. Mar 3, 2016

Hi Roy and Christian,

It worked eventually, I had to redo it, it was a very short test translation anyway.

The funny thing is that it happened twice, second time was sorted as soon as I saved the translation (but percentages where not increasing while I was translating so I was expecting the same to happen..), but because you mentioned a bug, I realised that on both occasions, just for a few seconds, I lost the Wifi connection (first time I had to restart my pc), seco
... See more
Hi Roy and Christian,

It worked eventually, I had to redo it, it was a very short test translation anyway.

The funny thing is that it happened twice, second time was sorted as soon as I saved the translation (but percentages where not increasing while I was translating so I was expecting the same to happen..), but because you mentioned a bug, I realised that on both occasions, just for a few seconds, I lost the Wifi connection (first time I had to restart my pc), second time it was sorted on its own ...could they be related?

Roy, how often do you get this? Only with packages?

Greta
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Denmark
Member (2010)
+ ...
Don't really know Mar 3, 2016

Most often I do get packages, but one client started to send sdlxliff files first, so I am not totally sure if it happened also then.

I seem to remember that I have experienced this also when using GroupShare, but I am not sure. One agency has been using that option, but I basically have stopped working for them because they don't want to increase their rates (they have apparently let them stay at the same level the last 10 years or so, while prices have increased. Not nice at all.)
... See more
Most often I do get packages, but one client started to send sdlxliff files first, so I am not totally sure if it happened also then.

I seem to remember that I have experienced this also when using GroupShare, but I am not sure. One agency has been using that option, but I basically have stopped working for them because they don't want to increase their rates (they have apparently let them stay at the same level the last 10 years or so, while prices have increased. Not nice at all.) But this isa a digression, of course.
Collapse

Lidia Galli
Lidia Galli  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Italian
+ ...
I had a similar problem with Trados Mar 3, 2016

I had some problems with the percentage of the files in a huge package.
I translated it, but some files were at 0% or at 99.69%.

To fix it I used the function HOME > batch tasks > count translated words
(I have the Italian version, so I don't know the exact English name of this function)

This should make the software calculate again the words and fix the problem.

Hamdy Ibrahim

Laura Kingdon
Laura Kingdon  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Fix Mar 4, 2016

Lidia Galli wrote:

I had some problems with the percentage of the files in a huge package.
I translated it, but some files were at 0% or at 99.69%.

To fix it I used the function HOME > batch tasks > count translated words
(I have the Italian version, so I don't know the exact English name of this function)

This should make the software calculate again the words and fix the problem.

I have this problem all the time and this is the solution. In my case I right-click the file rather than going to Home, but either way, you want to go to Batch Tasks -> Translation Count. That fixes the problem.

Peter Boskovitz
Hamdy Ibrahim
S.Paramesh Kumar

greta grinfeld
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
good to know Mar 4, 2016

Hi Laura and Lidia,

Many thanks for your replies. It's seems to be one of those little Trados things then ... it's good to know that happens, so to expect it, and how to sort it out.

Greta

S.Paramesh Kumar
S.Paramesh Kumar  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:55
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks for your solution Apr 25, 2022

Hi Laura and Lidia,
Sincere thanks for your inputs.

Just applied your solution to my project files and hey presto "0%" turned to "100%" - when at the end of a huge translation effort - the files table displayed 0% translated.

Kind regards
Pam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open package translated file progress stays at 0% even if 100% translated.

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »