How to use content of billingual file in the file you are translating - Trados Studio
Thread poster: Marion Delarue

Marion Delarue  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:47
Spanish to French
+ ...
Mar 4, 2016

Dear all,

I would like to know how to use a billingual file from a document I have already translated in the past, or add the content to the TM I am using while translating another file.

Can you help me?

Thank you !

Marion

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 11:47
Member (2015)
Alignment Mar 4, 2016

Dear ms Delarue,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

I have been unable so far to trace a license under your name.

So we can assist you further could you send me in a message the 6 digits order number for your license?

The Freelance and higher versions of SDL Trados Studio 2015 have the Alignment function, which allows you to add an existing translation into a TM.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Either align or import Mar 4, 2016

Marion

If you have done the previous translation with Studio and you have kept the bilingual SDLXLIFF file, you can simply import this SDLXLIFF file into the TM that you have assigned to this project and you will then get matches from the TM.

If you did not so the translation with Studio or you have deleted the SDLXLIFF file, you can use the Alignment function as suggested by Guillaume.

Walter

Marion Delarue  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
import the SDLXLIFF file into the TM Mar 5, 2016

Good morning,

thank you for your answers.

Guillaume, I can't find the licence number right now (I didn' install the program myself).

I will do as Walter suggests.

Thank you very much!

Marion

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 11:47
Member (2015)
Order number Mar 9, 2016

Marion Delarue wrote:

Good morning,

thank you for your answers.

Guillaume, I can't find the licence number right now (I didn' install the program myself).

I will do as Walter suggests.

Thank you very much!

Marion

Dear Marion,

Thank you for your message. You will find the 6 digits order number on the invoice, which you can find in your online account, under Orders.

SDL_Guillaume

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions.

Have a question about licensing and installation?
Use our LIVE CHAT facility bit.lySDLChat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use content of billingual file in the file you are translating - Trados Studio

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search