Thread poster: jingmlittlejohn

jingmlittlejohn  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:24
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 4, 2016

I am using SDL Trados 2015.

I am wondering if it is possible to translate a document to two target languages at the same time? Normally we have three columns under Editor, one is the source, one is the segment status, and the other one is the target. I wonder if I can add one more column for the second target translation next to the target column?

Thank you in advance!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:24
French to German
+ ...
Studio works only with language pairs Mar 4, 2016

Hi

You can create a project with more than one target language, but each target language will be treated separately.
This is why the Editor only has two columns.
Don't forget that it is very unusual that a translator translates into more than one target language (and especially not at the same time:-).
Also, the QA checks, spell-checking, Auto-Correct etc. are language dependent, so Studio would need to apply different rules depending of the column in which you are, which would be quite difficult.

The workaround is to translate into one target language first and then into the other.
Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

One source two target languages

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search