Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:28
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 6, 2016

Hi everybody,
as you can see from this old thread (Added terms disappear when application closes: http://www.proz.com/post/2526418#2526418) I am one on those unlucky users that keeps losing terms added from within Trados 2015.
Since me and other people have been experiencing this problem for years, I would kindly ask you if there is some software developer that could create an application to add terms to multiterm from within trados 2015, because the current application is simply useless from my point of view.
Of course, I am willing to pay for such a technological advance..

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:28
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Your problem is unclear Mar 7, 2016

Your posting contains very little information and your link send us to a rant, which also contains very little useful information.

You seem to be the exception rather than the rule on terms disappearing from Multiterm. Doesn't happen to me, for example, and I add lots of those to MT on the go.

You seem to do some weird things, like opening desktop Multiterm and exporting something to something else.
If you want helpful suggestions you should provide equally helpful explanations.
icon_smile.gif

Sandra

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:28
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many users have this problem..SDL simply gave up Mar 7, 2016

Dear Sandra,
thank you for your reply.

Sandra& Kenneth wrote:

Your posting contains very little information and your link send us to a rant, which also contains very little useful information.

Indeed, I am not looking for help to solve this issue, as it is a long-term issue and me and other users have provided do sdl all the technical info they needed.

Sandra& Kenneth wrote:
You seem to be the exception rather than the rule on terms disappearing from Multiterm. Doesn't happen to me, for example, and I add lots of those to MT on the go.

I'm not sure I am the exception. Simply me and other users have noticed this behavior. But I fear the majority of users (you included) haven't noticed it because it doesn't happen all the times.

You seem to do some weird things, like opening desktop Multiterm and exporting something to something else.
If you want helpful suggestions you should provide equally helpful explanations.
icon_smile.gif Sandra

Weird things?! We are taking about a software paid more than 500 €!
Again, I don't want suggestions, I am looking for an external developer who can fix this trados bug. And I am willing to pay for such technical help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados keeps losing terms

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search