File analysis for the same files differ when analyzed in SDL Trados 2011 and 2015
Thread poster: Erwin_Franz

Erwin_Franz
Latvia
Local time: 04:54
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
Mar 7, 2016

Hello there,

I noticed a problem with my SDL Trados file analysis function. I happened to analyze the same file package in 2011 and 2015 and the results were different. Could you suggest a solution to this? Maybe I need to change some settings.

Thanks in advance!

Christian Schaller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
Member (Jan 2018)
English to German
Change in analysis algorithm Mar 7, 2016

This has to do with the fact that the underlying algorithm for analyses was changed with SP2 for Trados Studio 2014 and this new algorithm also applies to Trados Studio 2015, but obviously not to older versions.

There are a few options in the TM settings (on which the project/analysis is based) that can be adjusted, so that, e.g. hyphenated words are not counted as one word. You would have to set up the project anew though for these changes to be effective.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File analysis for the same files differ when analyzed in SDL Trados 2011 and 2015

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search