Jean-Paul Salaün  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:40
English to French
Mar 9, 2016

Hi all,

I translated a file for which i have the original in Word
When Itry to save the sdlxliff (Studio 2014) in Word (2007) i get an error

-Failed to save target content: Missing tag '' in segment . Please run the Tag Verification to see details.

-System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Word-2146233088-
b__3() at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]>
-SDL Trados Studio11.0.0.011.2.4422.11Microsoft Windows 7 Professionnel Service Pack 110361252JEAN-PAUL-PC\Client4.0.30319.34209JEAN-PAUL-PCTrue3396788 MB

But when I run thee Tag verification it does not find any error.

Does somebodyalready encountered this error

Of course It is just before i was to sent the file back to my client
So this is rather urgent

Thanks a lot in advance

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:40
French to German
+ ...
There must be a tag error somewhere Mar 10, 2016

Jean-Paul

Does the error message not include the segment number?
Can you do a preview or do you get the same error?

If you can't find any errors with F8 and also through a visual check, then I suggest, you reopen the source file and - as very first operation - try to do a preview before translating anything (all target segments still being empty). If you get the preview, this means that your file is translatable. Then confirm one segment after the other and periodically click again on the preview button. Every time the preview is fine, save the SDLXLIFF (CTRL-S).
This will help you discover where the error resides because you know that it must be between the current segment and the last one you confirmed where the preview still worked fine.

There must be a tag error somewhere in your document, the challenge is to find it.

Walter

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 22:40
Failed to save target content Mar 10, 2016

Dear Mr Salaün,

You will find an article in our Knowledge Base about this error message, with a suggested resolution: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:7907

Kind regards,

SDL_Guillaume

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions.

Have a question about licensing and installation?
Use our LIVE CHAT facility bit.lySDLChat

Jean-Paul Salaün  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:40
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Error trying to save a sdlxliff file as a Word file Mar 12, 2016

Thanks to both of you,

but the tag check did not gave any result. So it was supposed to be no tag error.
As a matter of fact the error came from an autoloaging TOC in the original Pdf.
Which was not transfered in the Word file except for the title Table of contents.
So i solve the problem by removing the table of contents and it worked well.

JP

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error trying to save a sdlxliff file as a Word file

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search