Trados is not working
Thread poster: Robert Rietvelt

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:03
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 10, 2016

I just upgraded to Windows 10, and running through all the programms, I found out that the licence of my Trados 7 (version 2008) and SDLX 2007 is deactivated on my computer, while it is activated in "My accounts" with SDL. So, filling in your activation code doesn't work.

I know that Trados 7 and SDLX are almost absolete, but I paid for it and sometimes you meet an odd client who is still working with them. In short, I want to have them working!

I have 2 computers, so 2 licenses. The CAT's are working fine on my Windows 7 machine.

Has anybody an idea and/or solution?

[Edited at 2016-03-10 13:38 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-03-10 13:39 GMT]

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:03
English to Italian
Info Mar 10, 2016

Hello Robert
if you visit
http://help.sdl.com/support/language-technology-products/installation-and-licensing.html
there is an installation and licensing section.
If you go to our Knowledge base - there is a solution finder where you can raise a case and request a new replacement license. As long as we have all your data we can re-issue it.
Kind regards
Massi

Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 10, 2016

ghislandi wrote:

Hello Robert
if you visit
http://help.sdl.com/support/language-technology-products/installation-and-licensing.html
there is an installation and licensing section.
If you go to our Knowledge base - there is a solution finder where you can raise a case and request a new replacement license. As long as we have all your data we can re-issue it.
Kind regards
Massi

Hi Ghislandi,

I think it worked, at least Licenses indicates that I now have 1 activation. I will try it out later.

By the way, I think that the deactivation of Trados 7 has nothing to do with SDL, but with the upgrade to Windows 10. I wonder if TR7 is compatible with this new Windows-wonder (anybody knows?).

I still have a (old) laptop running on Linux and with a virtual XP. Might be a good idea to install Trados 7 and SDLX on that one, since both programms are designed for XP.

[Edited at 2016-03-10 16:21 GMT]

VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:03
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
Many in one Mar 10, 2016

Hi Robert,

I used to face such a similar issue, however, I considered many alternatives in one PC by getting VMware installed on the latest one to sort it out and to be easier.

It would be helpful if you considered trying it for your case.

[Edited at 2016-03-10 19:59 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-03-10 20:04 GMT]

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
An upgrade of Windows destroys SDL license information Mar 11, 2016

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

By the way, I think that the deactivation of Trados 7 has nothing to do with SDL, but with the upgrade to Windows 10. I wonder if TR7 is compatible with this new Windows-wonder (anybody knows?).

Robert

The fact that your license got lost is indeed due to the fact that you upgraded your OS to Windows 10. You should have returned the license before starting the upgrade.

About your second question: Trados 2007 still runs fine under Windows 10.

Walter

Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only Trados 7 Mar 11, 2016

Walter Blaser wrote:

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Robert

The fact that your license got lost is indeed due to the fact that you upgraded your OS to Windows 10. You should have returned the license before starting the upgrade.

About your second question: Trados 2007 still runs fine under Windows 10.

Walter

Walter,

One small correction, I only lost the licence for Trados 7/SDLX 2007, Studio 2014 and 2015 are working perfect.

I reinstalled the licence for Trados 7. The CAT works, only doesn't clean. Any ideas?

[Edited at 2016-03-11 11:46 GMT]

Daniel Carrion  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:03
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
A simple solution Oct 5, 2016

I have faced the same issue twice and this is how I worked it out:
Open Workbench, it will only open in trial mode.
Go to Help / License manager / See active licenses
The box will show that your last license is valid but damaged. Select that license and return it.

gyacou6my1b9s2ozdz4w.jpg

Then go to your SDL account, check that that license is available again, copy the code, go back to Workbench and activate it.
All set.

PS.: in the image I pasted, my license is shown as active because I took the screenchot after reparing iticon_wink.gif

[Editado a las 2016-10-05 11:27 GMT]

Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...

Posted via
ProZ.com Mobile

TOPIC STARTER
I figured that one out Oct 5, 2016

Daniel Carrion wrote:

I have faced the same issue twice and this is how I worked it out:
Open Workbench, it will only open in trial mode.
Go to Help / License manager / See active licenses
The box will show that your last license is valid but damaged. Select that license and return it.

gyacou6my1b9s2ozdz4w.jpg

Then go to your SDL account, check that that license is available again, copy the code, go back to Workbench and activate it.
All set.

PS.: in the image I pasted, my license is shown as active because I took the screenchot after reparing iticon_wink.gif

[Editado a las 2016-10-05 11:27 GMT]

....after more then 6 months, but why TagEditor does not save files and why both Workbench and TagEditor don't clean anymore? Those are the questions I would like to see answered.

By the way, my machines are running on W10 (probably the reason why).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados is not working

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search