Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:53
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Mar 11, 2016

Hi all,

I work with SDL Trados 2011 under Windows 10 and use the txml plugin from Open Exchange without any problems so far. Today when starting Trados I got the error message ""an unexpected error has occurred while loading the applications plugins"". It only affects txml files (I can still open the ones that projects have been created for, but it won't let me save them). I tried reinstalling the plugin and also followed the steps suggested here: http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4393.html, but nothing works.
What else can I do? I work a lot with txml files, so am a bit lost at the moment.

Kristina

[Edited at 2016-03-11 04:54 GMT]

C_Barteau  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:53
English to French
Same issue Mar 16, 2016

Hi Kristina,

I have the same problem as of today.
I tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find on fora but none of them helped.

Any luck since your post?

Thanks,
Catherine

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible Windows update problem Mar 17, 2016

Hi Catherine,
I found the following thread about other plugins not working which seem to point to a Windows update problem. However I haven't had any time to follow up on this so far, so please let me know if it ends up working for you.

Regards

Kristina

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/299356-mymemory_no_longer_working_in_trados_studio_2011.html

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed an update issue Mar 21, 2016

After deleting the updates mentioned under the linked thread and re-installing the plugin, SDL Trados 2011 works perfectly again under Windows 7. The PC that runs with Windows 10 is in repair due to an unrelated hardware problem, so haven't been able to test it there.

Kristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TXML Plugin no longer working in SDL Trados 2011

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search