https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/299395-trados_2015_merge_translation_units_does_not_work.html

Trados 2015 Merge translation units does not work
Thread poster: Suzanne Raeli
Suzanne Raeli
Suzanne Raeli
Switzerland
Local time: 01:32
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 11, 2016

Hello,

I run Trados 2015 and have installed SP2.

The batch function Update translation memories does not seem to work for me, as I have ticked "merge translation units" but Trados still duplicates any unit in my TM if I confirm a segment and then go back to make any small change.

So the Merge translation units option acts like the Add new translation units option.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Suzanne Raeli
Suzanne Raeli
Switzerland
Local time: 01:32
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is it just me? Mar 14, 2016

No answers to my post, boohoo...

To reiterate, whatever option I choose, if I go back to a confirmed segment, add say an extra space and confirm it, I will have two TM entries for that segment. And yes, I tried this with the Project settings AND with the global settings.

Mr Filkin, any ideas?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015 Merge translation units does not work

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »