No text is copied from a TM for exact or fuzzy matches
Thread poster: Maxim Prokofiev

Maxim Prokofiev  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:54
English to Russian
Mar 12, 2016

Hello everyone,

I use Trados Freelance 2007. The problem I have encountered is the following (I have not found similar issues reported by anyone else):

I am working with a .doc file in TagEditor, using the TM I have been using for several years without any problems (the last time just a few days ago). When I open a segment for translation, it opens without text from the TM. If there is an exact match, the target line highlights in green, and if there is a fuzzy match, it highlights in yellow, as usual, but no text is copied from the TM. However, the TM in the Workbench shows the previously translated text normally.

I have tried several solutions:

1. Reloaded the computer.
2. Created a new TM and imported the TUs from the original one.
3. Tried to work directly in Word.

No help.

I have created a new TM and translated a few sentences in a random document. But when I start translating a new document containing the same sentences, using this new TM, again, no text is copied from the TM.

I have checked if the same issue arises when working with any other of my TMs. The same!

I would really appreciate any advice on how to solve the issue that drives me crazy...

Thank you!

[Edited at 2016-03-12 02:42 GMT]

Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:54
Member (2017)
English to German
same here: no exact or fuzzy matches copied in the text Mar 20, 2016

hi there,

I have the same problem as you but in Trados 15 (freelance edition): the previously translated words do not show in the text even though I created a new TM and it should automatically show the words as fuzzy or exact matches. I have for example the word restaurant around 10 times in the target text and even though I translated it in the source text in the editor, it does not copy it when having confirmed the segment.

What to do? Any help would be highly appreciatedicon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Teresa

[Edited at 2016-03-20 16:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No text is copied from a TM for exact or fuzzy matches

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search